Friday, February 20, 2009

Yummy Cupcakes!

Because Matt has been gone to Las Vegas for a work training, I have had a lot of time on my hands, and have been racking my brain for ANYthing to do! Since I promised my Sunday school class treats this week for being GREAT, I decided to make cupcakes. I wanted to venture my mind a bit and come up with a new cupcake recipe. I'm pretty sick of the same old same old, and have began to find an interest in cooking and baking. I really like the art of it all! So anyways, I fell upon a cooking website (thanks to Nancy) and found this really cool recipe for pudding cupcakes! I altered the recipe a bit though. Everything was made from scratch, and opted not to do that.
Step one: make the cupcakes
I used a french vanilla box cake mix.

Step two: Cut a cone shape out of the center of the cupcake. And cut the cone off, leaving the top flat.

Step 3: Fill cupcake with whatever flavor of pudding you are currently craving! For me, this was just plain vanilla. I used the instant Jello brand pudding mix.
Finally Step 4: Replace the center of the cupcake on top, and frost with your favorite frosting! As you can see, I used chocolate. No girl can resist chocolate!
ENJOY!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Those look and sound awesome! Lucky Sunday School class!

K P said...

They look delish! :)
Love you!!!

Jen Bowen said...

Those do look good. What cooking website did you use?

JayDee said...

I got it from the site, Cooks Country. You do have to have a membership to view ALL of their recipies but they do have a free one once a week I think. But this recipe that they have for the Boston Cream Cupcakes is all made from scratch. I just got the idea from the website, and made my own recipe. I have the link on the side of my blog for the website. Take a look!

Nancy and Spencer said...

(Nancy) I'm so proud of you! freeze one for me and I'd be happy to eat it when we make it back out next.

(spencer) Altering recipes reminds me of a poem nancy has heard me recite far too often when she pulls the old switcheroo!
I didn't have potatoes so I substituted rice.
Didn't have paprika, so I used another spice.
I didn't have tomato sauce so I used tomato paste.
A whole can not half a can-- I don't believe in waste.
My friend gave me the recipe--She said you couldn't beat it.
There must be something wrong with her, I couldn't even eat it.

kelli said...

Hahaha. Good poem, Spence. :) It made me smile.

JayDee, that's awesome! They do look delish. I'm impressed by your kitchen skills :)