This cake took me THREE days to make! I have NEVER put that much effort into something that we were planning on eating. But it was well worth it! With a little bit of help and company from my mother-in-law, Lee, I was able to accomplish this great task! The cake is a double chocolate fudge cake, with vanilla ice cream with strawberry swirls inside. The dark rim around the bottom is Oreo cookie crumbles, and then of course it had the frosting and strawberries on top! The lid wouldn't fit over the cake after I added the strawberries, but I did decorate the platter and lid as well. WELL, the cake was a HUGE hit! I was really worried that it wouldn't taste very good. It looked good, but that is a different story! But, boy, was it yummy! 
After the party was over, some friends of ours hung around and played games together. It was a fun evening with family and friends, and I hope it was a great Birthday for Matt!
The next day, Matt and I decided to spend it together. We haven't seen much of each other lately due to school, work, homework, and everything else going on in life. So we slept in, and then I made breakfast in bed for Matt. I got this cute idea to make numbered pancakes from Heidi, a friend of mine. I think it will be a birthday tradition in our family. I really think it is a cute idea. Thanks Heidi for the tradition!

The rest of the day, Matt and I just lounged around the house and had a "vacation" at home. It was REALLY nice to be able to relax and spend time together without any interruptions. Happy Birthday honey! I love you!
2 comments:
Jaydee, you are the cutest newlywed I've ever known. Matt is really lucky to have you. It sounds like you have great culinary skills - that icecream cake looked delicious! I love that you are keeping a blog of your life as a married couple...what a great journal! Love you lots, Aunt Mel.
JayDee, you are too CUTE! Matt is so lucky to have you as his wife! {You are gonna have to share that recipe with me!}
Thanks so much for all of your love and support! We are so glad that we have been able to get to know you better, our lives are so much better for knowing you! And thanks for posting our adoption blog it means a lot to us to know we have you in our corner! Words will never be able to express our appreciation. We love you!
Post a Comment