Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Looking forward to another adventure!!!

MOST of you have already heard the news, but we wanted to publicly announce that Matt and I are moving! Matt has gotten a job with a successful company called APX. They are a home security system business. For this job, Matt has needed to go to several trainings. I think there is 7 in all and they are held every Tuesday night in Provo. I have gone with him a few times because recently it has been the only time for us to spend together. These classes are really interesting though. Matt and I are learning a lot! Matt is really excited and motivated with this new job, and can't wait to get started! He will be working under one of his good friends from high school, Mike. We decided to embark on this new adventure about 2 months ago, and we just BARELY found out where we will be moving! COLORADO SPRINGS here we come! It will be a new experience for us to be away from all our friends and family, but Matt and I look at as a way to get to know each other more, and be able to spend one on one time with each other, as well as grow closer together as our own family. APX provides an apartment for all of their employees, and all we have to do is bring our personal belongings as well as a few other small things like plates and utensils...stuff like that, the rest is already there waiting for us. We will be driving to Colorado, which is about a 9 hour drive. That really isn't bad, but I do have a tendency to fall asleep, (or if I'm driving, get really tired) after only 40 minutes on the road. So this drive will be interesting. Matt may be driving most of the way..

We leave the week of April 20th (right after Matt's finals) and we won't be back until the end of August. It is sad to think of all the fun family reunions and summer excitement that we are going to miss out on, as well as the birth of our friends' Denton and Wendy's little baby boy. But like I said, this will be a good time for Matt and I to grow together!

Matt and I have already started to make the changes necessary for us to move. We needed to sell one of our cars, and we decided to put both up for sale to make it fair...which ever car sold first, was the one to go. Sadly, that is my car. A guy at Matt's work really likes Toyota Celicas and really wanted one, so it worked out great. As much as I hate seeing my dream car (since I was 6 years old) gone, I realize that I fulfilled my dream of having the car, and now I need to move on to the next chapter in my life!

5 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

My brother Jason works for APX also and recently found out he and Cassie will be living in Dallas for the summer. Having grown up in CO I can say it's a really fun place :) I think Colorado Springs is about 1 1/2 hours away from where my parents live.

Nancy and Spencer said...

I used to have a friend from there. I LOVE Colorado Springs! Its so beautiful. You have to go check out the Garden of the Gods. I'm excited for you two. This will be a great experience for you both!

Bradwich said...

Best of luck, you two! Sales is not my bag, but I think Matt will do well with it. And the drive shouldn't be too bad. Jess and I drove to Anaheim last summer--I did all the driving and she slept a lot. I listened to a lot of Cosby and music.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! What a fun experience that will be!! Good luck!

K P said...

Wow! What an adventure that will be! Best wishes to you both and know that we love you guys!!!