Monday, June 7, 2010
Something to Remember
I had such an AMAZING experience this afternoon! I was heading to my routine doctors appointment, and I was running late. I was in the clinic building, but my doctor's office is on the second level. Normally, I take the stairs for the extra exercise, but because the elevator doors had just opened, I decided to take the elevator. (Parker is getting pretty heavy!) As I looked up, I saw President Monson! Yes, you read that correctly! My eyes were about to pop out of their sockets! It was such an amazing experience! Instantly, I was overwhelmed with such a strong Spirit. I have never experienced such an overpowering feeling before. I've felt the Spirit when I see him on TV, and during his talks, but this was completely different. SO MUCH STRONGER! He asked if I was going down, but unfortunately I was needing to go up. I was really tempted to stay in the elevator and just ride down with him, but I was already running late for my appointment. I was so bummed. I said a quick hello and goodbye, got off the elevator, and proceeded towards the stairs. All throughout my appointment and on the drive home, I had kept the chills, and had tears in my eyes from the overwhelming feelings inside me. Matt put it perfectly when he asked me if I had felt like I had been slapped in the face by the spirit... yes, yes I had. I came home and cried with happiness of such a wonderful experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Did you have a chance to ask him to sign your Book of Mormon?
Nancy would have just stared dumbfounded and in awe and said "yes" to any question he asked. Then she would have had to explain to the prophet why she lied to him about going down when she then had to go back up.
Spenc is right. I probably would have made an idiot of myself in front of the Prophet. I'd like to think if i ever did run into him, i would just keep some "quiet dignity" like you did. What a truly amazing experience! I'm happy for you sister!
That's really neat, JayDee. Thanks for sharing your experience.
what a neat experience! oh how i love our prophet. :)
Post a Comment