
In the past year, we have learned a lot about each other:
For instance, Matt LOVES to collect water bottles (who knows why…
but his favorite is the “smart water” bottles) He also refuses to drink anything but bottled water. I think he has a deep obsession. He enjoys dancing around the house just to make me laugh. He has a unique way of doing things in the kitchen, and if I interrupt his groove, the kitchen would likely start on fire. Matt loves fast cars, and has named his car Starrla recently. He really wants to travel a lot, mainly go on a cruise and to Hawaii. Matt is really looking forward to going to New Jersey to visit Spencer and Nancy this fall too. He LOVES sports, mainly football, and has it on the tv 24/7. He is always trying to make me as happy as can be. Whenever I am sad or upset, he never leaves my side until the problem is fixed. He is an amazing husband and truly selfless. He always wants what is best for our family and works extremely hard to succeed at this. I am so proud of him and all that he does with his job. Like I said, he is an amazing husband. I love him so much!
Matt here. JayDee always makes sure that I am happy, full, and comfortable. I can’t count how many times she has come to my aid at work. Back when I was a valet in the freezing cold winter, she would always bring me hot chocolate or snacks. Now in the hot sun or torrential rain storms she will come to my aid with whatever I need so I can keep knocking. JayDee loves chick flicks, action movies, and Disney cartoons. She loves to read and is obsessed with almost any book by an LDS author. She loves the sun and being outdoors. JayDee is very selfless, and will make big sacrifices for our family if we need her to. I love everything about her!
For our anniversary, Matt had to work, but he was able to take half the day off. We spent the day in downtown Denver. We went shopping at the outlet mall, went to dinner at the Saltgrass Steakhouse, and went to the Downtown Aquarium. I completely forgot our camera, and I wanted to just kick myself in the butt for it. We were able to get a few pictures of the aquarium on Matt’s phone, but some are pretty fuzzy. It was an amazing aquarium though! It was really big, with several small and large exhibits including fish, sharks and small animals i.e. snakes, frogs, birds, and turtles. They also had a large exhibit with 3 tigers. The shark tank was really amazing to see. You can actually swim with the fishies and sharks, and I really wanted to do it BEFORE we actually got to aquarium, but once I saw how absolutely HUGE some of the fish and sharks really were, I was scared out of my socks! Some of those fish were big enough to eat me! (Below there is two pictures of one of the fish. One of the head, and the other of the body and tail of the fish)
2 comments:
jaydee! i can't believe you and matt have been married a year either! it seems like last week we were talking in dental class about you getting married! Ahh! time flies! you two are so cute and seem to be having a great time in colorado, miss ya tons girly! let me know when you stop by utah ;)
It seems like just a few months ago that we were in the temple with you two. Congratulations...we were worried you wouldn't make it this long. Just kidding we love you guys and miss you so so so so bad.
Post a Comment