Monday, July 14, 2008

Fresh Raspberries


Tonight, while dinner was in the oven, I went outside and picked some fresh raspberries and boysenberries! My taste buds were watering with every one that I picked! I couldn't wait to bring them inside and eat them all up. It is the season that they are all starting to ripen, and I am so excited! Although I love fresh fruit, I don't have very many fun, creative, and delicious recipes that include them. Does anyone have any ideas!? Please please pass on your secrets! I would love them!


Dad Jones, I must say thank you for all your hard work out in the garden. Your flowers and fruit plants are producing well, and I love them! I am so grateful for all of your hard work.Thank you!

5 comments:

K P said...

Lucky you!!! I love summertime!

You could put them in crepes, on waffles, pancakes, salads, etc. You can try the recipes on our family recipe blog: www.moneysavingrecipes.com.

K P said...

The recipes for Raspberry Salad or Raspberry Pretzel Dessert would be yummy ones to try.

Evan said...

My favorite way to have them is to put them in a bowl, get a spoon and put them in my mouth.

mmmmmm I can taste them now. They are so good fresh like that.
Enjoy

Dad

Julie said...

I have boysenberries in my yard (from starts from Brian & Lee) and I make jam with them. I also love them in homemade ice cream. I don't have an ice cream maker, but Brian would make ice cream with theirs. Boy, was it yummy! I will miss that this summer.

Nancy and Spencer said...

I agree with Kathy to try out the recipes on the familyrecipe blog. There's also a bunch of good recipe links from ours. You can search those too. Other than that, i'm not much help. I'm still trying to figure out the whole cooking thing myself. :)