Friday, July 18, 2008

Early Morning Run

Nothing feels better than getting up really early in the morning on your day off and doing something that you absolutely love. Running. That is my physical high. I love to exercise, but with running, I am able to just let my mind go free and all the stress of the week is lifted from my shoulders. I love feeling that deep burn in my legs, and that feeling of pure exhaustion, but knowing that I have to keep going. I love the smell of the early morning. There is just something about that first part of the day before it gets too hot and muggy. It smells so fresh and new; a new day; a new start; my favorite. The sunrise is absolutely amazing, and I love watching the sun peak over the earth as it becomes warmer while I run. It is almost like a surge of energy that runs through me. There is nothing better! (As far as exercise goes) I haven't been able to go running in a long time because of work. I have to wake up so early as it is, that I would be completely exhausted before lunch time hit. So this morning was definitely a fun activity.
Another fresh high for me, is a clean house! I wasn't able to clean yesterday because I had a really bad migraine, so this morning, after running, I cleaned the whole entire apartment. It feels so great, and just like running, I love cleaning. I love letting my mind just wander as I clean. It truly is a relaxing time for me. It felt so great just to clean up and refresh our home, letting the sunlight come in through the windows; today is going to be a good day!

1 comment:

Nancy and Spencer said...

You are so great! You almost make me want to get up early tomorrow and go running... almost! ha ha