Thursday, July 24, 2008

Creativity brought home

Matt and I have decided to finally start decorating our humble abode. We want to paint the walls, and most recently, Matt has decided to tell me that he doesn't care too much for the bedroom that I have created for us. I have a beautiful comforter that is golden, brown, and red.(kind of like the one in the picture below, just not as detailed or so many pillows, but ya get the idea) It is absolutely gorgeous and very expensive (good thing for black Friday sales :) ) All the furniture matches our current bed spread, excluding a nightstand that my dear aunt willingly gave to us. It works great though! Anyways, Matt thinks that the room is too dark. All the furniture is black, and then the colorful bed spread. Because in my old bedroom, my walls were a rich brown color, he thinks that is the only color that we would be able to paint our walls, hence the thought of a dark room. Matt suggested a blue and brown comforter that we saw at a bridal show, which is nice. (shown to the right) I went searching for this comforter, and alas, was able to find one at Bed Bath and Beyond. It was pretty pricey (as is anything in that darn store) But because of all our loving friends and family who has given us gift cards, I was able to purchase this new change. without any pillows due to high costs. Upon arrival at home, I placed the new comforter on the bed. Once I finished, I stood at the foot of the bed and examined the change. I decided that I am going to need some convincing that it is better than my red, brown, and golden comforter. I will admit that the new bundle of fluff looked great in the bag, and on the picture inside the bag, but on our bed, well, lets just say it doesn't look so good. I will live with it because I love Matt, and this is something that he wants, but hopefully he will come home from work soon, and decide for himself that he doesn't like it as much as he thought he would. Either way, I will love it, because I love my husband!

2 comments:

Nancy and Spencer said...

You know, there is such a thing as compromise. :) Plus, you don't have to paint ALL the walls... you could do just an accent wall. Thus whatever color you choose, won't make the room look overly small, or dark. And since when did Matt care so much about decor?? Good luck with that.
p.s. Are you still in Lee's basement?

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.