Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful for..

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I've been thinking lately of what I truly am thankful for. This year in our home, thanksgiving has kind of been forgotten. Our Christmas tree and decorations have been up for a few weeks now, and although we are so excited for the holiday, I realize I need to take a step back and really remember the blessings I have in my life.

I am so extremely thankful for my husband. Matt makes so many sacrifices for our family and is so willing to do so. He works harder than anyone I know. He is so dedicated to his schooling, and isn't going to stop until he achieves his goals. He takes such great care of me and Parker, and he truly is the MOST AMAZING DADDY in the world. It is so rewarding to see him come home at the end of the day, and watch him play with Parker and give him lots of loves. Parker just adores Matt. And I do too! ;) Matt is so good at pushing me to be a better person, and teaching me that I can do things that I didn't know where possible. He makes me feel so loved and special. I love that he loves me for who I am, even my silly side! We laugh a lot together, and I love that about us.

I am thankful for Parker and his sweet little spirit. He brings so much joy into my life. He is the cutest, sweetest little guy there is. I love that he cuddles me and shows me that he loves me. Being a mother is the most rewarding thing in the world, and I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the gift of motherhood. I am grateful to know that my Heavenly Father trusts me to raise Parker. And I am extremely thankful for the knowledge of the gospel, and of my Savior, Jesus Christ.I am so thankful for temples. I am grateful for my testimony, and the comfort that it brings me EVERY DAY.

I am grateful for my family. This is a hard one for me. You never really realize how grateful you are for something until you see a piece of it being taken away from you. I am so grateful for the time that I have with my family here on this earth, and the knowledge that we are an eternal family. I am grateful for the strength that my family is to me, and that through thick and thin, they will always be there for me when I am struggling. They truly are amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

We are thankful to have you a part of our family, JayDee! We love you and pray for your Dad and your family.

Mandy said...

I really love this. I think it is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of not only the holidays, but life in general. I like your thankful list a lot. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jess said...

What a great list!

kelli said...

I quadruple all motions. (Seconding is out of the question at this point). :) I am so anti-Christmas before December!! Poor Thanksgiving--it gets left in the dust! But I certainly haven't listed everything I'm thankful for! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Raya said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving statement. We are thankful that you are an important part of our Eternal family! We love you!
Grandma Jones