Parker is 7 months! Holy cow! I don't think I'm ready for him to pass the 6 month mark. Every morning when Parker wakes up, he seems so much bigger, as if he grew an inch over night. This past month Parker has learned so much! It seems that some months he learns more than others, and this last month was one of those "overloaded with learning" months.
This past month Parker has decided that he likes to fake cough. He will cough to get our attention, and he thinks it is the funniest thing. It is actually pretty cute. He also growls at us now. I'm not sure where he picked it up from, but one day, he just started, and now, he doesn't stop! He has also learned how to say Mama and Baba (bottle)!!!! Mama was his first word, I couldn't have been more excited to hear him say it! He doesn't say it very often, but when he does, it is generally because he wants me, and no one else, or he is done with whatever he is doing. We aren't really sure if he knows what he is saying when he says "baba" but he generally says it when he is done eating. It is so crazy to me that he is actually talking now. He is supposed to be my baby forever; not this little growing boy! Don't get me wrong, I love that he is learning new things, but it is kind of hard to watch him grow up so fast. He is so close to crawling, it scares me! We are hoping that he stays immobile until after Christmas, but I don't think I will be getting that Christmas wish. He gets up on his hands and knees, and sways back and forth with his little tooshy in the air, but as soon as he moves, he flops to his belly, and stays. He is SO CLOSE!
We have started feeding Parker more finger foods as of late. He LOVES it! He is very finicky about eating runny foods now. He just doesn't like them. He wants the chunky stuff, and gets really frustrated if he doesn't get it. I started putting rice cereal in his baby food to thicken it up a bit, but even after that, he wants real food. He loves to eat whatever we are eating. He had a great Thanksgiving! He loved everything that he tried, and got mad when I stopped feeding it to him! Funny kid. He has gotten so good at picking up little pieces of food with is two fingers, and then putting it in his mouth. He always gets this look of accomplishment whenever he does it, and it brings a smile to my face every time.
Recently, we are starting to see Parker's personality shine more and more. He may look just like his daddy, but on the inside, he is just like me. We even weighed the same at birth! :) Parker LOVES to jump, just like I did when I was a baby, and it's fun to understand what my mom was talking about when she said that her arms were ALWAYS sore when I was a baby. Ok, so it isn't so fun, but it really is a great workout! I have officially become a human jungle gym; literally. Parker is constantly on the go. He wiggles, scoots, and is constantly grabbing for anything and everything. It is hard to explain, but if you saw him, you would understand... He is such a handful! He really is everywhere. Church is going to become even more of a challenge when Parker starts crawling. How do moms with several kids do this!? Parker doesn't sit still for longer than 30 seconds, and so I foresee us playing in the foyer for all three meetings in the near future. Matt has also noticed that Parker wakes up the same way that I do. I can't explain it because I've never seen myself do it, but we both apparently do it! It's kind of nice to know that my son inherited some of my genes!


No comments:
Post a Comment