Saturday, March 27, 2010

Home Stretch

(34 weeks)
I can not believe how close we are to meeting another member of our family. I am 36 weeks along, and my doctor keeps telling me "Any day now" Those are the hardest, yet most exciting words to hear. Hardest, because it makes the next four weeks (if I go full term) seem like eternity, and exciting, because we are finally on the home stretch, and SO close to meeting Parker. Matt and I were talking the other night about how our lives are going to change forever, and that there is really no way of preparing for it. Yes, we have his room ready, clothes washed, diapers stacked miles high, but there is absolutely no way to prepare ourselves for the events soon to come. Our lives will change permanently, our hearts will grow (even though it seems there couldn't be someone to love as much as I love my husband), our lives will be completely different, forever. It's a scary thought, not knowing what is to come, but at the same time, we couldn't be more thrilled for the adventure. I know Matt will be an amazing father, and he will be able to do it with ease. He somehow always knows what to do or say in situations that I am completely flustered about. As a team, hopefully we will be able to raise this child in a loving, happy home.
This journey has been an amazing one. From the time we found out we were pregnant, to feeling Parker's first little kicks and wiggles, finding out he was a boy, all the way to now. I am truly going to miss having him inside me. No, I won't miss the constant back ache and acid reflux, but I sure will miss his little wiggles, and hiccups that I get to feel. Every time I feel him move, I just smile, knowing that he is my little boy. Every time he gets the hiccups and gets frustrated with them, or times Matt makes him jump from a loud noise or change of pitch when he is talking to Parker; it is all amazing to experience. Parker, you are such a blessing to your daddy and me.
*Update* I went to the doctor yesterday, and as of now, I am 70% effaced, and 1/2 cm dilated! Granted, I could sit on that for another 4 weeks, but it is still exciting to hear that I am making progress!

3 comments:

kelli said...

Jaydee, that is so exciting!!! You guys are gonna be such cute parents. I love it. Hopefully it's not too much longer!! Love ya :)

Linsey Jackson said...

Jaydee!! Oh my goodness!! I can't believe Parker is almost here :) I am SO happy for you guys. He's going to be a beautiful baby boy! I hope to see you, but if I don't, I'll have to come see you & him ;)

Evan said...

Yes, we are all excited for Parker to make his entrance into this world. He is so loved and he isnt even here yet. I have to admit that as his Grandpa, I am excited to spoil him. WOW, that felt really strange to call myself his grandpa. I am to young to be a grandpa. Oh well, I want him anyway. Hang in there Bubba. just a few more days or weeks.