Monday, October 19, 2009

Reality Setting In

On Friday, JayDee and I went to the baby doc for JayDee's checkup. The doc said at 13 weeks it is a 50/50 shot to hear the heartbeat. The doc didn't have to search for long before we heard the amazing sound of the baby's heartbeat. I don't really know how to describe the sound, but it was a very strong spiritual experience for me. I don't think reality is even close to setting in on me about being a daddy but this brought me a lot closer. Even seeing the baby on the first ultrasound didn't effect me much, the baby just looked like a cinnabear at that point. But for some reason this really hit hard. I am so excited to be a daddy!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You're going to be a great daddy!! I am so proud of both of you and how you treat each other with so much love.

Charity said...

So excited for you guys!!! You two are gonna be the best Mommy and Daddy!