
Mother's day wasn't too long ago, and I know this post is late, but I just wanted to say Thank you to my mom for all that she has ever done for me and continues to do for me to this day. She truly is an amazing woman. I can't count the number of times that she has been there for me when it seemed like no one else was. I am so grateful to have her has my mother.
Growing up, I was always told that I look just like my mom. I look back on that now, and am so thrilled that I do. I know that we look alike on the outside, but I hope that one day, I will have her traits that she holds on the inside. My mom has one of the most amazing personalities and I feel so lucky to have her in my life. I have seen so many times when trials hit home or controversy strikes, and there, in all the rubble around her, my mother stands strong and tall. It amazes me that she can still have a smile on her face when the world seems to be crashing right in front of her. She is always thinking of the positive in every situation, and I hope to one day achieve this same attitude.
My mom is definitely a fighter; not through aggression at all, but she does fight for the things that are most important in her life. IE: family, the gospel, my dad's life, her testimony, and doing what is right. She is a woman who never gives up on her goals. If she puts her mind to it, it will be done. Like I said before, she is an extremely strong person. When my family found out that my dad had cancer, it hit us all really hard. We all cried and we all struggled, but amazingly, my mom (who was hurting the most by far) stood strong. She buried herself in the gospel and never wavered. I watched in awe as my mother continued to live her life and never fail to complete all other duties while her world was crashing. It completely amazes me to see the strength that she has.
Some of my mom's greatest traits are the simplest ones. She is a great cook, and there is nothing like a home cooked meal especially from my mom. It may be a simple meal, but it is from the heart.
She also is an amazing listener. There were many times while I was growing up, and even still to this day, where I feel so comfortable just sitting with my mom on her bed talking for hours about everything that is happening in our lives.
I love my mom's ability to share inspiring words whenever needed and always on the spot. Without her advice and testimony, I really truly would have been a different person. She has helped me through some hard times, and I can't thank her enough for that.
My mom has an amazing laugh. Like I said before, she is always happy, but my favorite is when we both start laughing, and we can't stop. We laugh until we cry. I love that about my mom. She isn't afraid to be silly with me.
I remember growing up, my mom would check me out of school just for a mommy and me date. It wasn't very often, but it was often enough to make a difference in my life. School is important, but family is more important. I thought it was so cool that my mom would do that! Those are my most memorable days; not becuase I was out of school, but because she would take the time out of her day to spend time with me, making me feel like the most important person.
Happy Mother's day Mom. You are the most amazing mother, and I can't thank you enough for all of the little things that you have done to make a difference in my life. I love you.
3 comments:
My Sweet Bubby Girl, Thank you for those sweet words. It has been wonderful and very rewarding to watch you grow into the woman you are today. I am the one that is blessed because I have you for my daughter. You, Cody and Daddy are the reason I wear a smile on my face. I am so proud of you!!
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skys are grey.... (our song)
Jaydee, this was such a sweet post! Your mom sounds like such an amazing person...it's easy to see where you get it from! Hope you have such a fun time visiting your family at home and we'll be excited to get you back here!
That is so sweet JayDee! You are just like your mom on the inside. Brad and I love you and really enjoy having you around. We can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment