Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Fender Bender
Yes, I JayDee Jones got in a car accident. Shocker? To anyone who really knows me, this shouldn't be. I've been known to be the accident prone driver from the day I turned 16. BUT, this accident wasn't my fault. Yesterday, I decided I would get my feet a bit wet and explore Colorado, as well as get some well needed shopping done. Up until yesterday, I hadn't gone outside other than going to walmart which is only 5 miles away, and only grass in between. So I plugged my destination (Costco) into my GPS system and was on my way. As I was turning onto a road similar to Bangeter Highway at home, I was rear ended. I was still on the "on ramp" for lack of better terminology. A car in front of me pulled out onto the highway, and I pulled up so then I could see the traffic I was about to enter into. I stopped, to wait for more traffic to pass, and the car behind me didn't stop... She glided right into me. I hadn't even noticed that she was behind me until she was on top of me! It really wasn't that bad of an accident. The other driver simply hit my bumper; no damage was done to me. As soon as I realized what had happened,the tears began to flow. I was shocked and scared. I eventually got myself back together and got out of the car to talk to the other driver. She apologised several times, and we then exchanged info. I called the police, and they said because it was just a fender bender, and no one was hurt, they weren't going to send a police man out to do a accident report. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!? They told me that it was my responsibility to fill out an accident report, and then contact the other driver's insurance company to have the car repaired. I must tell you, during this process I have truly found a new appreciation to all police men. It is a nightmare to figure this out, and I have to do it all within 72 hours of the accident or else my car won't be able to get fixed (or so the police say)! Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OH Man JayDee, I'm sorry they didn't do more to help you, but I am so glad you are safe, you are such a brave beautiful person! We're so proud of you!
I'm sorry to hear about your car accident. I have been rear-ended twice and it was never my fault. I did end up with back problems because of those accidents so I hope your back and neck are ok. If you start hurting at all, you should go get checked out so insurance can take care of it.
Yikes! I'm glad it was minor though it's still a rough thing to deal with. Good luck figuring everything out.
JayDee,
I am so proud of you and Matt and the way you have managed to take charge and branch out on your own.
This accident is just a bump in the road and you will be over it soon.
The good thing is that you were not hurt.
Let me know if you need any help. I sure love you.
Love,
Dad
I'm glad you're alright... and I'm also glad I'm not the only one who bursts into tears with even a minor accident. :)
p.s. Your dad sure is sweet!
p.p.s You should call me when you're bored... I've got nothin goin on! ;)
oh darn it! i hope your okay!! ;)
Post a Comment