Sometimes I feel like I live in a Dr. Suess book with the way Parker acts and the things he says. To name a few of his most recent:
We were driving past the Riverton Hospital, where Cambri was born, and Parker said matter-of-fact like: "That's where Cambri was borning." yes, son. yes....
I call Parker Mr. Jones a lot, so naturally he started calling me Mr. Mommy.
While we were all sick with a bug, Parker had gotten it especially bad... (reader beware of this next little bit) He was having tummy problems, which naturally means bowel problems as well. After his first bout on the potty, Parker came running to me, saying "MOM! I smashed my poop!... With my bum." He was pretty excited that he could do something new, involuntary or not.
I occasionally will ask Parker what the magic words are when trying to prompt him to say "Please or Thank you" but his response, without fail, is always, "Magic words- I love you." He knows the way to my heart... and how to get whatever he wants. Little stink is just too cute.
"Dees wittle guys are sayin dare pwrayers." I sure love his little imagination.
While walking past a motorcycle, Parker looked at me very seriously and almost somberly and said: "I used to have a motor circir when I was a little kid."
With all of the crazy things this boy comes up with, he also can say the sweetest things. Some of my favorites this last month were:
While sitting in sacrament, Parker overheard the speaker talking about her mission. Parker then looked at me and said "I go on mission too mama." I love that he already knows he wants to go... and that he is actually listening to the speakers!
Parker recently has started saying things like "mama (or daddy) you're my best friend." while giving us a tight squeeze. These moments are my absolute favorite and I can't get enough of them.
A common interaction around the dinner table: "Thank you for dinner mommy! This is wisious!" Even if he won't touch the meal I just slaved over... at least he is polite!!
Most recently, Parker said this: "Daddy! The flowers are turning yellow! They look pretty, just like my mommy is pretty." Can you say future heart breaker??? I melted when I heard this, and gave that sweet little boy of mine a great big hug, and cuddle. I sure do love him so much!!
3 comments:
okay, that's adorable. holy crap.
So cute! Glad you wrote all those down. :-)
I echo Kelli and Nancy.
Post a Comment