Thursday, March 24, 2011

11 Months

It's weird to think that in a few short weeks my baby boy will be one. He is growing up so fast, and learning new things every day. He just started wanting to feed himself, and when he does, he makes a pretty big mess, but he always looks so proud of himself. While he is so proud, I can't help but feel sad as I watch my baby boy grow up. I really wish I could freeze him in this stage forever. He is so much fun to have around, and he makes us laugh every day. I'm sure that will continue, but he is just so darn cute, and I'm not ready for him to move on into the next stage in his life.

Parker seems to amaze us every month with the new things that he learns as well as his personality that is constantly blossoming. This month, we have really enjoyed listening to Parker talk. He has recently tripled his gibberish. It is so fun to listen to him go on and on making no sense, but looking at you while he talks as if we are carrying on an adult conversation. ADORABLE. Parker has also found a love for ALL types of balls. He always has one in his hand or mouth. He also recently discovered the fun of pushing a little toy car on the carpet. He is definitely a little boy, and it is showing more and more each day.

One thing that Parker has been doing for a while now, but hasn't been documented are his tickle toes. Every time I feed him a bottle, he will lift his toes to my mouth. I nibble on his cute little chubby toes, and he drops his foot quickly, as he giggles. He then will slowly creep his little toes back up to my lips, and giggle as I nibble them again. This little trick of his really shows his personality. He loves to laugh, and be silly. He is constantly laughing, and trying to make others laugh. We have a book called Tickle Monster that we read to him regularly. It is by far the cutest children's book on the planet. If you haven't read it, you need to. The book comes with "tickle gloves" that Matt will wear, while I read the story. Parker loves it, and it will definitely be a long time memory for all of us. Seriously... read it. You will love it.

On a more exciting note, Parker has been standing all by himself, and took his first steps on Saturday!!! He is taking his time, and I am just fine with that. We love our little guy and can not believe he is almost one!!!!

2 comments:

kelli said...

Holy cow. He is the cutest little kid! Sounds like you guys are having so much fun :)

Nancy and Spencer said...

Love those happy pictures of Parker. We are so excited to love on that adorable boy! Can't wait for him & Perry to play. They can have their own gibberish conversations together and finally have someone who "understands".

Love you guys!!