
Matt's and my Christmas was packed full of fun events (and some not so fun ones too)
Let me first explain our living situation. At the time being, we are living in the basement of Matt's parents home. Upstairs, there is another family with two children, a 15 year old girl, and a 7 year old boy. Paul(the 7 year old) is living in the bedroom right above Matt's and mine. And this is were our story begins...
At one o'clock in the morning, I wake up to the noise of Paul flipping the little spring door stopper in his bedroom...Continuously. Apparently he was too excited to sleep that night. Throughout the night, we kept waking up the lovely "dinging" noise. Matt and I just had to laugh, remembering our childhood, and being the exact same way when we were young.
Later on that morning, around 5 A.M. Matt and I got up. (Matt generally gets up at 3 in the morning so it was nice for him to "sleep in") We opened presents and enjoyed our first Christmas together. After we were all done, apparently it came time for Paul to finally be released from his bedroom. We heard him running through the house, and into the living room, beginning to tear open gifts. The next thing we hear is him screaming "BATMAN!!!! BATMAN!!!! YES!!!!" Again, Matt and I just had to laugh. It is something that we look forward to seeing, and hearing when we have our own children.
As everyone knows, it snowed horribly lots on Christmas day. (Here comes the not so fun news) Matt and I were on our way to Brad and JoLynn's house. We had made it all the way into their neighborhood with Matt's little Acura (which is lowered, so the clearance between the car and the street is only about 6 inches) The neighborhood streets were full of snow about 11-12 inches high.... this was a problem for Matt's beloved car. We decided to test it out, and got stuck. The snow was extremely dense, and we were not able to get very far. We started shoveling the snow out from underneath the car, as well as shoveling a path for the car to drive on. About 100 yards away from Brad and Jo's house, we were not able to go anymore. At this point, neighbors had shoveled their snow off their driveways into the street making the snow up to 16 inches deep. We no longer could shovel our way through. Brad got his Tahoe, and tied a rope to the tow-hook in the back of Matt's car. We began towing the car backwards around the neighborhood attempting to get to Brad's house safely. As we were moving, unknown to us, snow was collecting under the front end of Matt's car. It eventually became too much snow, and too heavy for the little car to handle. We heard a large SNAP, CRACKLE and POP. Yes... there went the front bumper of Matty's car... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US! We were luckily able to push the car off to the side of the road and wait for the snow to melt. We can not begin to count the blessing throughout this experience. We are so lucky that nothing worse happened to the car, or US! We are also lucky that the car wasn't harmed any more throughout the 2 days that it sat on the side of the road!
All in all, Matt and I had a great Christmas! Even though we had some troubles, we were still able to enjoy the holiday and spend it with our families. Merry Christmas Everyone!
2 comments:
Sorry about the car, you guys. That just plain sucks. I feel your pain, just in engine/exhaust troubles instead of body work. Best of luck!
I'm so sorry to hear about your car! That stinks. I was glad I had my Subaru or I wouldn't have been able to get home on Christmas Day. My Prelude would never have made it through the snow just like your Acura. There were spots 18" deep in my unplowed street. I hope you can get the bumper back on without a lot of expense.
Post a Comment