Parker's Stats:
Weight: 17.86 lbs 55%
Length: 27.6 in 85%
Head circumference: 17.3 in 56%
Parker has been learning so much recently. He can now sit up all by himself for a long period of time! He loves to play on his blanket with all his toys surrounding him, and will play for hours at a time, as long as I am playing with him. My favorite times are in the early mornings when we cuddle in blankets until Parker wakes up fully and then we lay on the floor and play together. We read lots of books, but more times than not, Parker is just interested in eating the pages; making story time a bit more difficult. Parker has realized that playing is far more fun than sleeping, and is constantly fighting me at nap time. Parker has also started rolling from his tummy to his back. It hasn't happened more than a few times, but he is getting the hang of it. He also is starting to scoot! (But just a little) He is starting to get really frustrated that he can't move around more, but he will be soon enough, I think! While Parker is playing on the floor he will spread his arms out, arch his back, and lift his legs, so he is only on his tummy, as you can see in the picture above. We're at church when an elderly man who was observing Parker said to us that he would make a perfect skydiver. He definitely is right, but I'm not so sure that is what I want my little man to be doing when he grows up! We will see. In the mean time, it is pretty cute to watch!
We've started Parker on stage 2 baby food, including fruits. He LOVES them. Every time I give him a bite he will say "mm mmm mm" And when he wants another bite, he will kick like crazy until there is food in his mouth. Parker has also started eating the Gerber Puffs that dissolve and some Gerber cookies too. He makes a HUGE mess when he eats the cookies, but I can't deny him from enjoying himself! He can now hold his own bottle! It makes life easier. :) Parker is in this stage where he eats anything he can get his hands.. or mouth on. Literally. He eats his high chair, my chin, neck, and fingers, his toys, his feet, his crib, everything. If it can reach his mouth, it will be there. When he sees something that he wants to eat, he opens his mouth and sort of lunges for it with his mouth. I'm sure that doesn't make sense, but it does to me, and it makes me laugh every time I watch him do it.Parker is starting to lose the anxiety that he has had for the past while. He is doing much better, and it has really been a sigh of relief to Matt and I. We now can go out on a date, and not have to worry about our baby hyperventilating at home. Hooray! But he has acquired a bit of shyness. If you can even call it that. He loves women and loves to flirt with them, but if a girl is giving him lots of attention, he will bury his face into my shoulder for a second, and then look back up at them, smile, and bury his head again. Let's face it... he is a flirt. He is going to break a lot of hearts!

4 comments:
TOO Cute... I just love that kid and cant get enough of him..
He is so dang cute! And I can not believe he is 6 months old!
Oh, he's just adorable!! He's getting soo big! I love it. :) Thanks for all the updating.
He's absolutely adorable and will definitely break the girls' hearts. He's changing so much every day.
Post a Comment