Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First Blog

I am an official blogger now. That's what it is called right? I'm really new at this, so bare with me! I was inspired to begin a blog by my soon to be sister-in-law Nancy. It will definitely help us stay in contact easier because of the distance between us.

A little about Matt and I: We are engaged and are getting married June 20th 2008 in the Salt Lake Temple! As of right now, it is only 44 days away! We can't wait and we are counting down the days! It seemed like the day would never come when we started counting 103 days ago, but slowly we are reaching our special day.

Our History:
Matt and I met through friends last December.... December 1st to be exact. Matt's best friend, Denton, started dating my cousin/best friend, Wendy and decided to set Matt and I up on a blind date. At the time, I was waiting for a missionary and as soon as I met Matt, things changed drastically. After talking to Matt for a while, I felt like I already knew him, but yet, I wanted to know everything there was about him! I felt so comfortable around him, but at the same time I had butterflies every time he smiled, laughed or even looked at me. It was an extremely new feeling for me. I felt like I was riding the rollar coaster of a lifetime! I just couldn't get enough of him! For our first date, we went sledding with Denton and Wendy. It was absolutely freezing, but the cold didn't stop us from having a grand time. After lots of white washes and snow balls to the face, we still survived! Matt and I saw each other every day after that. (give or take a few days that month) Our feelings for each other mulitplied every day. And now we are here! Engaged and happy as can be! I love him so much! He is my life.

3 comments:

Nancy and Spencer said...

Since it was i who inspired this new venture into blog-dom (pat, pat on my own back), i only feel it my duty, nay... honor, to post the first blog comment! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy to keep in touch this way. We love you guys so very much!!!

K P said...

I love your blog! You guys are so cute together! We're looking forward to your wedding!

Laura Jo said...

Cute Jaydee!!:]
oh my, I LOOVE YOUR BLOG!!
ITs' perrrrrrrrfect :]